If I were Minister of Education

 
Jessica

By Jessica Sande

Many schools in Malawi especially in remote areas are not all that good. This is due to lack of school materials.Other schools have no classrooms,libraries,laboratories and books. I wish I were the minister of education I would have made these schools good and interesting.

Education is very difficult for us living in remote areas. As we all know that we have different degree of intelligence so educating a student with low intelligence in remote area is very difficult.Most people forget 90% of what they have just heard,remember what they see and understand what they have done so how can this help at a school that has no laboratory or library.

How can a student listen to a theory of experiment and be expected to do it during exams and pass?how can one pass a subject that he/she learnt inadequately and have alittle information on it just because of lack of books.How can one cover the whole syllabus while he/she have inadequate teachers at his/her school and also use to walk long distances and reach school tired.

How can we expect a worthy Malawi while we are not helping students from remote areas to be educated.How can we have a low population in our country while we are not keeping our students busy in school.

If I were the minister of education I could have done with all above problems because education is the key to success. One can not became a President, doctor, teacher, pilot, soldier just to mention a few if he/ she is not educated. Even business needs education. I wish I were a minister of education. I would use educational funding purposefully not on personal gain.

Comments