Chikondi appeals for clean water

Chikondi
By Chikondi Banda
 

My name is Chikondi Banda. I am a 12 year old boy in standard 7 at Nankhwali Primary School. My favourite subject is Science and reading notes is my favourite thing at school. When I grow up and finish school I want to be an electrician.

My school is beautiful with enough staff and it is located at a protected area. In my class, we have enough desks, well ventilated and enough learning materials. Madam Kanyama is our teacher in standard 7. I have four friends and their names are Chikondi Chilangwe, Lackson Pondi, Lonwell Sosola and Calvin Bakili.

I live with parents. They do farming to earn a living. I have one brother and three sisters. I have four siblings in total.

We have a water problem at our school. We lack a borehole or water pump at our school. We fetch drinking water at a community borehole far away from classes. We come very late for classes because we wait for community members to fetch water first since they own the borehole.

However, one day we saw people at our school campus with a drilling machine and we thought they were to drill a borehole or a water pump. But, after two days they disappeared at the school campus.

They left without knowing who is helping them because I personally didn't speak to them on why they left our school campus.

After a week, I asked our teachers on why they disappeared why they didn't finish their work.
Our teacher told me that they found a rock and there is no water because the water table is very far away.

I am sure that people really want to help us. I will really appreciate if they assist us with clean water because water is life. No water, no life.

People in our community are hard working and they have promised to take care of the water pump.

Comments