Yankho on water pump project

Yankho
By Yankho Chauluka

I am an 11 year old girl and I have one brother. I am in standard 7. My parents work at ADMARC and I live with my mother. My favorite subject is mathematics. My favorite thing that I do at school during break time is eating my packed meals which I bring from home. When I grow up and finish school I want to be a bank manager.

Our school is big and we sit on desks but we don't have enough desks. We are almost 2000 learners and I have many friends at school. Some of my friends are Luntha Chalira, Halima Kika, Uthman Shaibu and Faith Njuya. When we are at school we drink water from the borehole We spend 5 minutes to find water at our school.

We have seen the people building a water pump at our school. I think they are doing this to save us from the water problem. This water project will change our school because it will improve the water situation. I have spoken to teachers and the people building the water pump and they say it is good for us.

Parents say it is also good for us. Other issues happening in our community especially those that impact school attendance is the source of water. This project will end on 13 November 2018.

Comments