YOL's Zakaat attends digital storytelling in SA

Zakaat's presentation at digital story telling workshop
By Zakaat Sambo

The trip was amazing and exiting as we reached the airport in Lilongwe. I was so happy as I was imagining what's like to be on a aeroplane and the filling of traveling on a plane.When we were boarding the aeroplane my fears started to disappear.

We traveled for 2hours and 20 minutes before arriving in Jo'burg' s Airport in South Africa.

We traveled to Maropeng (place of origin) world heritage site. They welcome us with smile.

Everyone was so happy and friendly, I felt at home. There people from 8 countries: Malawi, Kenya, Mozambique, Uganda, Tanzania, south Africa, Zimbabwe, and Zambia.

I had the moments of my life there,since it was my first time to go South Africa and also to be on the plane.

The workshop was about digital storytelling where we were trained in filming short films for the social media using smartphones.

We were also trained on editing films that we have made about the issues affecting the youth.

The workshop was in line with generations 2030 which has goals like gender equality, girls and women empowerment and youth empowerment.

The trip was amazing and fun, all activities were fun. I thank Youth Out Loud (YOL) and UNICEF for  such an opportunity of a life time. The experience was great I will never forget.

Comments