Is It Possible To Become A Journalist While At School?

Rebecca

By Rebecca Kaminga

It was in June when l received the news that I was one of the selected students to go for journalism skills training.

I was very excited but lots of questions came into my mind about this project. I couldn’t wait for the next day because my imagination was so big and l thought that l will meet tough people, assuming after the training, we will sit for an exam and select those who will do well and if you fail you are doomed!!!

But to my surprise, the people were so friendly and they told us told us to be free and we should be able to express our views on issues affecting my lives in respective communities.

Yes, this was when l knew that as a student, it is also possible to become a journalist who can bring change to communities and the country at large since l will be able to report and write articles.

**Rebecca Kaminga is a form one student at St. Micheal's Girls Secondary School**

Comments