Wongani Mlanga learns what it means to be an African Child

Wongani Mlanga
Hello guys I'm Wongani Mlanga from Mangochi Secondary School. I am one the few Youth Out Loud reporters who was selected to visit Capital Radio on Day of African Child.

I am more than excited that I was chosen to go to Blantyre and to take part in the activities on that day. I can't even express how happy I am.

I was expecting a lot on that day and I learnt more about what it means to be an African child, our rights, problems we face and how it really feels to be an African child.

Although this was not my first time presenting a radio program, it was my first to time going live on radio. Moreover, it was capital radio which is one of the biggest radios in Malawi.

Oh! I just couldn’t wait for the whole country to hear my voice. It felt really good that being a young girl and every one hearing my voice. Oh! It was such a great experience.

I really thank UNICEF for implementing this program because it has helped me a lot, both in my education and in my life because now I'm able to do lots of African things I couldn't do before like standing up for my rights where necessary.

Comments