Wongani - Malawi’s most awesome kid on radio


Wongani (Left) with YOL colleague Zakaat

On the I went to Blantyre with some of my Youth Out loud friend. As a reporter of Youth Out Loud l have decided to write an article on my experience there.

On Friday 15th June 2018, we traveled to Blantyre, on my way l experienced a lot of things. Since it was Day of African Child, a lot of things happened during this day, we discussed about the problems African children face around the world.

When we reached Blantyre, we went to Capital FM where we meet a lot of friendly people like Samuel and Yvonne who told us more about Capital FM, Day of African Child and we were also taught how to read news on the actual day.

I saw a lot of things and we talked a lot about technology, how the world will be like in the coming years and we talked more about the problems African children face and solutions to the problems.

On Saturday, we went to Capital FM around one O’clock. Then Frank and Faith were told to do radio programs from two to four O’clock. After that Zakaat and l started the English programs from four to six. I was so happy because l read the four O’clock news. Most of all I was happy because the whole Malawi heard my voice and also it was my first time being live radio.

To me this had been the greatest and am thankful to God for this because only few people can have such an opportunity like the one l had.

After presenting I was given a certificate which is written Malawi’s most awesome kid on radio. Then we took a lot of Pictures which were posted all Youth Out Loud social media platforms.

**Wongani Mulanga is a 15-year, form 3 student from Mangochi Secondary School**

Comments