Nafisha John's story - Mangochi youth lady looking for help to go back to school


Nafisha John

Hailing from Namwera in Mangochi, Nafisha John is a young girl who was forced to quit school due to financial challenges. Our Youth Out Loud reporter Jamira Tiyesi caught up with Nafisha to explore more on her ordeal.

Jamira had a chat with Nafisha inside Zam’makwalala segment and she narrates her story, “My aunt used to pay school fees until she passed on when I was in standard 5. As I was going into standard 6, my dad (a gardener) promised to continue paying for my fees.

“Then he received a message, saying his younger brother had also passed on in Mozambique. He went to Mozambique and never returned. My mother made a phone call telling him to keep sending money if I was to continue with my studies.  

"However, my father responded that he could neither send money nor come back because there were a lot of things to attend to.

To sustain herself, Nafisha was forced to start selling popcorn and groundnuts.
“I was a performer, I used to get grades from 70 percent and above. I really wish to go back to school so am appealing to well wishers to come to my rescue.”

Comments