Meet multi-talented artist from Namwera - Ishmael Asedi

Ishmael Asedi

Ishmael Asedi from Namwera is a multi-talented creative visual artist and footballer.

Ishmael wishes to use his creativity to earn a living and sustain himself.

“Visual artistry is an inborn talent. It takes passion and creativity. I do portraits and I can paint anything from my imagination. I believe am a good artist but I lack publicity and exposure to connect with many customers,” Ishmael told our Youth Out Loud reporter Meria Jack.
One of Ishmael's portraits
Quizzed on what he does to encourage his peers, he answered, “I always meet people who are willing to do what I do. I associate myself with those interested in artistry. Even if they can’t draw or paint but I always equip them with relevant skills because I know artistry is not for every Jim and Jack.”
Another Ishmael's portrait

Ishmael's portrait
He however bemoaned lack of funds, saying it’s a hindrance to buying sophisticated materials to upgrade his collections.


“It’s hard to access the right materials so I use shortcuts. My ambition is not to impress a few people, I want to impress the nation.” 

Comments